From 1st August 2022, all travellers are allowed to enter Malaysia regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status and do not require a pre-departure or on-arrival COVID-19 test. There are no quarantine orders related to COVID-19 enforced by the Malaysian Government upon arrival.
For more information, please visit www.mysafetravel.gov.my
Penang International Airport (PIA) sees incoming flights from many international destinations such as India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam and Qatar. It is now simple and easy for foreigners to obtain a visa to enter Malaysia. There are three types of Malaysia visas that travelers can apply for, including the Malaysia e-Visa introduced in recent years to facilitate travel.
eVISA is a hassle-free online platform that simplifies the visa application process by issuing electronic visas to Foreign Nationals wishing to enter Malaysia.
Who Can Apply eVISA?
Foreign National from these countries are eligible to apply:
First Phase Country
- Sri Lanka
What Documents Are Needed to Apply For eVISA?
You are required to scan and upload the following documents to attach with your application:
- A recent passport-sized photo as stipulated in the Guidelines on the eVISA application website.
- The information page of your passport as shown in the Sample on the eVISA application website.
- A valid and authentic return flight ticket.
- Birth Certificate of applicants who are minors.
- Additional documentation is subject to the requirements of the country you are applying from.
Click here for more information.