Attending as a buyer
As Business Events Industry continues to grow, in Malaysia, specifically Penang is heading towards breaking the RM1.5bil mark in estimated economic impact (EEI) this year with a marginal 30% increase in the number of events this year hitting RM1.313 Bil in EEI from 2,733 events last year (2018).
PITE 2019 (Penang International Travel Exchange) provides you with the best platform for you to source for the latest products & services through business appointments, networking and educational forums.
PITE 2019 hosted buyers are classified as serious travel procurement professionals and their main purpose of attending the show would be to explore new business frontiers, sign deals, explore travel products/destination and negotiate pricing/packages with exhibitors.
Hosted buyers are to be decision makers of the outbound market as well as having a significant track record in organising Tours/events in the MICE industry in several outbound destinations.
Titles of buyers include:
- Corporate companies with incentive programmes
- Destination management companies (outbound)
- Top level executives
- Event planners
- Incentive/motivation houses
- International associations
- Meeting planners
- Professional conference organisers (PCO)
- Professional event organisers (PEO)
- Transport / Logistic Companies
buyer geographic breakdown
Meet and do business with Trade exhibitors from Malaysia through pre-scheduled appointments and 1-to-1 meetings.
Connect with industry professionals through various networking events including a B2B session, Networking Dinners & Fam Trips.
Be part of a dedicated MICE & LEISURE Industry discussion Forum on the latest issues on Asian travel market.
qualifying as a buyer
Buyer Eligibility to be on Hosted Programme depends on below points:
- Provide at least 3 supplier references in Malaysia.
- Be a senior decision maker with the authority to procure MICE and Leisure travel products and services.
- Organise outbound MICE groups/events to multiple destinations in Asia.
- Show evidence of past and future outbound business for MICE and Leisure travel.
- Demonstrate that you regularly work with MICE suppliers and suppliers of luxury travel products and services.
Note: The Buyers Team will ensure that all buyers are right matches to attending exhibitors, the Buyers Team may ask further questions or request for supporting documents from buyers. All information submitted are strictly private and confidential.
If you fulfill all of the above, we welcome you to join us as a potential Hosted Buyer.
Interested in participating as a buyer?
- Select your preferred choice from any of our 2 packages
- During your application process. Kindly refer to the table below for more information on each individual package.
|Fully Hosted||Partial Hosted|
|Return air-ticket to Penang||X|
|Ground transfer & admission tickets in Penang|
|Food & Beverages|
|Exclusive B2B session with key industry players|
|PCEB supports for their next event in Penang|
|Registration Fee||USD 200||USD 100|
|Business Appointments with Exhibitors||50||50|
*Buyers based in Asia will be entitled to 3 nights accommodation; Buyers based outside of Asia will be entitled to 4 nights accommodation. Allocation of hotel is subjected to availability and the Buyers Team reserves the rights for the final allocation decision.
BE A HOSTED BUYERRegister Now